Notable Free Games Set 2
Hello everybody, Shaun Meyers here to showcase 5 more free games in our latest Notable Free Games article. If you happened to miss our last article, you can find it here:
1. The World Begins With You: Our first game in today’s list is a gorgeous platforming adventure game that puts you in the role of a young boy who awakens in an abandoned ruin. The game is a short narrative tale that follows the boy’s journey across the landscape.
There’s no combat in this game, nor is there enemies, but there is a couple instances of stealth where you must hide from blue lights or you’ll die. The game also features a maze/labyrinth that you’ll need to make your way through to reach the ending areas of the game.
The World Begins With You was a beautiful and well designed journey and I happily recommend giving it a shot. You can find it on Itch.io here: https://fabiandenter.itch.io/the-world-begins-with-you
2. QUUR: The next game on our list is an action adventure game that’s based around colors and paint. The game features a vibrant and colorful world but violence isn’t the best option and you’ll be penalized for hurting the animals by sapping the color away from your surroundings. You’ll also be unable to complete the game by killing everything in sight. So you’ll need to leave your bloodlust at the door and enjoy the colors.
If you’d like to give this game a try, you can find it here: https://lucie-viatge.itch.io/quur
3. I Like Walking Very Much: Our next game is a pretty strange one to say the least. It’s a 2D walking simulator where you guide a spider-like creature across a woodland landscape.
The game has some amazing atmosphere and it really pulls you into the experience. The game does feature some horror elements as well and it comes as a very big surprise in the first run through.
There are 3 areas to play through in total which alter the spider’s design as well as the time of day/weather you encounter. There are other slight changes and alterations here and there as well so keep your eyes peeled.
If you’d like to give this game a try, you can find it here: https://camel504.itch.io/ilwvm
4. Reap What You Sow: Our fourth game in today’s list is a small farming sim that’s based on Harvest Moon. It was created for GBJAM 5 in 2016 and it features Gameboy-esque graphics and audio.
You play as one of three characters, each with their own stats, and you grow strange crops out of candy corn and cursed bones. Items like the cursed bones spawn enemies when fully grown and killing them yields more cursed bones.
There’s also some small dungeon areas that you can explore to obtain more items to plant.
If you’d like to give the game a try, you can find it here: https://kyatt7.itch.io/reap-what-you-sow
5. Chook & Sosig: For our final game in this set, we’re showcasing a visual novel that follows a ghost chicken named Chook and a cat named Sosig (Pronounced like Sausage).
The visual novel is pretty short but features 6 unique endings. Their stories are a series of misadventures that take them to a forest, a circus and their own home.
This is also the first game in a series and the series is soon to be a full game with Chook & Sosig: A Case of Murder.
If you’d like to get a taste of what’s to come in the full game, you can find the game here: https://tookipalooki.itch.io/chook-and-sosig
Well folks, that concludes this free game article. If you’d like to check out the full list of my free game recommendations, you can find my collection on Itch.io, here: https://itch.io/c/264918/ewgs-recommended-free-games
Happy gaming folks, Shaun Meyers Out!