Starpoint Gemini Warlords: Update 2.0 available now on Steam
THE NEWEST AND THE BIGGEST FREE STARPOINT GEMINI WARLORDS UPDATE COMPLETELY OVERHAULS DIPLOMACY
Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update 2.0 launch trailer:
Now Available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/Starpoint_Gemini_Warlords/
Strategize, collaborate, betray, obliterate. LGM Games brings the biggest, most content-rich free Starpoint Gemini Warlords update to date.
With Update 2.0, Starpoint Gemini Warlords feels like a living, breathing organism thanks to a complete Diplomacy overhaul. Whatever you do in the game, Gemini reacts to it, whether you like it or not. Factions will become your allies, and then betray you for their own gain; or may offer help with the research and technologies, with the ultimate goal of total domination over the Gemini system.
“Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a great game on its own, although players always wanted to have more abilities and more options when it comes to diplomacy with other factions. That is why we wanted to do a complete diplomacy overhaul for the game, from the ground up.”, said Nikola Jukic, project manager for Update 2.0. “Of course, this isn’t something that happens overnight. Diplomacy overhaul was a long process. We had to break things apart, put a lot of updates and fixes in the middle, and put them back together in order to make everything work as intended.”
Players will now have a full-blown War Dialogue, or how LGM likes to call it, “love letters between factions”. AI factions will now feel more alive. This is how the War Dialogue works:
- Factions can hail you, and declare war on you even if its neutrally alighed, or even friendly, which largely depends on your actions in the game;
- Factions may declare war on you if they feel threatened by seeing you’re building Proxima, because, you know, they don’t want to be obliterated;
- Other factions may ask to become your ally, so you can conquer the Gemini together;
- And more.
A lot more work under the hood
Besides diplomacy, a lot more work has been done “under the hood” in terms of hints and game controller improvements, in order to make the game more comprehensible both to new and current players.
“We have a large part of current players who adore the game, and on the other hand, new players who get stuck early on in Starpoint Gemini Warlords. Current players already know how to approach the game, and what to do. But we wanted to change how the game fundamentally feels for the new players”, says LGM CTO, Zeljko Kos. “There is a lot of new hints and guides which tell you where to go now, what this and that mean on the user interface, what are these icons on the Starchart, what to do next, etc. The game now feels a lot user-friendly, in a way you can simply pick it up and play.”
Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update 2.0 is out now and free for download.
- Diplomacy overhaul
- Factions will react if you try to connect to their satellites or hack them
- If you lose a station, there’s a chance an allied or neutral faction will contact you and offer to retrieve the same station for a certain amount of credits
- If you lose a part of your fleet in a battle, there’s a chance an allied or neutral faction will contact you and send you a certain amount of resources to compensate your loss
- Factions will react if you build Proxima shipyard
- Factions will react if you start Proxima research
- Factions will react if you end Proxima research
- Factions will react if you make a planetary assault
- Rise of Numibia DLC has received a German, Russian, Chinese and French localization
- German dialogues (vanilla) have been fixed
- Chinese localization has been overhauled
- Japanese localization in form of a mod for vanilla version of the game
- Wormhole civilian tasks are improved on align change
- Scrolling with the controller on Info menu list is now available
- RECORDS Bonuses can now be scrolled with the controller
- Fixed and re-added troopers menu
- Improved font readability in certain cases (better kerning)
- SHIPBUILDING interface button is disabled until you obtain a Hangar Level 1 in HQ, with an explanation why it is disabled
- Press View button on the controller to reveal hints on Starchart
- Hint for Command Points on Starchart
- Hint for SuperCapital Ship on Starchart
- Hint for Civilian tasks on Starchart
- NEW GAME Story Campaign and FREEROAM modes are now separated, if you’re playing Vanilla game or any DLC, except Cycle of Warfare
- Hints for FOW, Camera and Select modes on small HUD icons added (previously available only on the mouse)
- Hint on Trader menu for Double-click and Shift-click options added
- Hint on a station; it says Toggle Station Interface instead of Toggle Station HUD
- Fixed GPU related causes of crashes, especially on weaker GPUs
- Fixed one small memory leak
- Fixed a cause of performance drain in script system affecting long play sessions
- Fixed several minor visual glitches
- Fixed several Mod problems + improved output warnings and errors caused by mods
About LGM Games
Little Green Men Games studio has been established in late 2006 in Zagreb, Croatia. The following year marked the start of the production of the first independent game – Starpoint Gemini. This tactical space RPG simulator was released in December 2010, and was created by four enthusiasts with almost no budget. In the second half of 2011, development of Starpoint Gemini 2 was initiated.
The game was designed on the heavily upgraded Whale 2 engine that had been modified to use DirectX 11 functions and streaming universe. The engine itself is completely designed and executed as a result of in-house effort. Starpoint Gemini 2 was released on Steam Early Access in September 2013, and one year later, in September 2014 went to full release, digital and retail alike.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords was released on Steam Early Access in April 2016 and in 11 months, in May 2017 went to full release.