Shaun’s List of Recommended RPG’s
Hello everybody, Shaun Meyers here to bring you a list of RPG’s that I recommend giving a shot. This will be the first list of many and I’ll be updating this list as I play new games/think of more. The games are in no specific order, I just list them as they come to mind.
1. Tyranny – Tyranny is easily the best portrayal of playing an evil character that I’ve ever played. It’s a game that makes you question your morality and it’s choices are often quite difficult to make. You have the option to be good but doing so will often make you enemies with a lot of people. I had a ton of fun playing through the game and while many may say that it’s short, I say that to get the most out of it, you really need to explore every nook and cranny of the game. I beat the game in 33 hours and 5 minutes and that’s just my first playthrough. There’s so many choices in the game that it begs to be played multiple times to see what other outcomes there are.
2. Divinity: Original Sin – Divinity: Original Sin is easily the best co-op experience that I’ve ever had. The game allows both players to interact with the story and the choices you both make have an impact on how quests will proceed. If you choose differing options you’ll need to play a short game of rock, paper, scissors to decide the course you will take. The game also features some entertaining skills as well. One of them allows you to talk to animals and that’s essentially all my friend Richard did during our time in the game. It’s an excellent experience and I can’t recommend it enough. From what I’ve heard, the second game is even better than this, I haven’t been able to confirm this yet unfortunately.
3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Knights of the Old Republic is easily one of my all-time favorite RPG’s and with good reason. The game features an amazing story set 4,000 years prior to the events in the original Star Wars trilogy. As you might expect, the galaxy is on the brink of destruction from the sith and your character plays a key part in the overall conflict. The game also has some great companion characters (HK47 being my favorite, meatbag) a highly entertaining story and an excellent combat system. If you’ve never played the game before I can’t recommend the game highly enough, it’s epic.
4. Torchlight II – Since it’s release in 2012 Torchlight II has been among some of the best action RPG’s I’ve ever played. It’s also among my favorite co-op games as well. With it’s superb combat and absolutely humongous game world, the game lends itself to many, many hours of gameplay. It also has a ton of mods to enhance the game further.
5. Grim Dawn – Much like Torchlight II, Grim Dawn is a superb action RPG and a spiritual successor to Diablo II. It had big shoes to fill with that title but it managed to pull it off and it provides yet another excellent co-op experience. The game is filled with loot and a bunch of enemies to slaughter. The game world is quite large as well and it recently released a pretty huge expansion pack as well so there’s even more to love now.